In developing a recommendation for the size of your RG Churn telemarketing campaign, we remove or 'exclude' certain donors from the list. Dataro recommends to apply the following exclusions when you generate your list to target for an RG Churn campaign:
- Donors who are flagged as 'Deceased'
- Donors who are flagged as 'Inactive' (or similar)
- Donors with solicit codes indicating that they cannot or would prefer not to be contacted via telephone, such as: “do not phone”, “email only”, “do not contact”
- Donors who only signed up as regular givers in the last 90 days (i.e. very recent acquisitions)
- Donors who have given less than or equal to three gifts (i.e. donors with very few regular gifts)
- Donors who have received a phone call of any kind in the past 3 months.
Most of these exclusions are self explanatory. In relation to excluding new acquisitions, we know there are often higher churn rates amongst recent acquisitions and most users choose to exclude these donors from their retention campaigns in favour of regular givers with longer tenure.
Of course, users can apply their own exclusion criteria as they generate their campaign list, and this will affect the number of donors ultimately selected for calling.